9/27/2016

things that never change



I remember the first time I felt alone in this familiar city. We were freshly married and everything was different. The bed I laid down in every night. The road I travelled. The mail that somehow arrived every month in the mailbox demanding more. Everything had changed - or so it seemed. Over a year later, the Lord is constantly reminding me that when comfortable places change, sometimes the details that matter the most never do.



Like light through the bedroom window and endless snuggles 


Or drives in the country where I skip the song every 5 seconds yet you still gaze my way 


or adventures with the ones who know you for who you are and take moments to celebrate that 


and the flowers of the field that never cease to amaze 


or strolls in green grass and skies that are blue 


None of us can escape the weight of change - but we can escape the burden of it. Lay it at His feet and ask him to remind you about the moments that are still here, that can still be felt and known. Let the biggest artist of all mold you and change you and break down the walls. Remember that you're not meant to be comfortable but you are called to be confident. Rejoice in the moments that never change even amidst everything else morphing into something new.  


Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.  Isaiah 43:19 (MSG) 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Vine + Victory. Design by Fearne.